Indianapolis Alcohol Rehab Center
Start Down the Path to Sobriety
You do not have to live under the heavy shadow of alcohol addiction. You can challenge it today, and find a happy, sober life again. Please let Cedar Oaks Wellness Center be a part of your recovery, so you can be confident that you will achieve your sobriety goals.
Our Indianapolis alcohol rehab center opens its doors to people from all walks of life and backgrounds. We believe that everyone deserves a fair chance to stop alcohol addiction in its tracks. With the right tools and support, everyone can do it, too!
Find out more. Call (513) 780-5201 to get started.
Common Causes of Alcohol Addiction
Alcohol addiction – sometimes called alcoholism or alcohol use disorder (AUD) – affects millions of Americans. You are in no way or shape alone if you are also living with the hardships that alcohol addiction causes. In knowing that others are on the same road as you, it might be possible to bolster your confidence and keep walking it!
What causes alcohol addiction in so many people?
- Early-age drinking: It has been shown that the risk of becoming addicted to alcohol increases if it is consumed regularly at a young age. This is one of the reasons why alcohol use is legally barred for anyone under the age of 21.
- Childhood trauma: There is a link between alcohol addiction and childhood trauma in many cases. It appears that the inability to cope with trauma at a young age will cause that trauma to manifest in other ways, like substance abuse.
- Mental health difficulties: Recent studies have found that people with mental health difficulties are more likely to also have addictions to drugs and alcohol. When someone has an addiction and a mental health difficulty, it is called a “dual diagnosis.”
Unsafe Drinking Habits
It is difficult to address alcohol addiction directly because much of America’s social culture revolves around drinking alcohol. As such, it can be a challenge to even be aware that you might be addicted. This is especially true if the people you know are struggling with alcohol addiction as well but will not acknowledge it.
Drinking habits that might lead to an alcohol addiction include:
- Drinking on your own
- Only drinking where no one can see you
- Skipping work or school to drink
- Only having an alcoholic beverage for a meal
- Drinking near-constantly to avoid a hangover
- Drinking until you get sick
Do any of these habits describe what you often do? If so, then you likely have an alcohol addiction that is causing serious harm to your physical and mental health. Please call (513) 780-5201 and speak with our team for non-judgmental help.
Alcohol Rehab Treatments & Detox
What will be necessary to help you defeat alcohol addiction? This question is important, and the answer varies based on who is asked. We know that not everyone will benefit from the same treatment options, so we strive to fully personalize every recovery program for each person who comes to our doors. During the intake process, we can figure out what will work best for you and keep you comfortable all throughout your recovery.
For example, some alcohol rehab patients benefit from these therapies:
- Art therapy
- Equine therapy
- Family therapy
- Group therapy
- Mindfulness & meditation
- Nutrition therapy
- Recovery coaching
If you have a severe addiction to alcohol, then it might be necessary to begin your recovery plan with medical detoxification. During detox, you will rest in a controlled medical setting that keeps you under the supervision of recovery specialists. This extra step in your recovery plan is used to reduce your risk of suffering dangerous withdrawal symptoms.
Get Ready for a Healthy Tomorrow!
You deserve a happy, healthy future that is free of alcohol addiction. Let our Indianapolis alcohol rehab center be the place that you find it. With strength, confidence, and genuine support from recovery professionals, you can succeed and enjoy sobriety with relative ease.
Time to get started – please click here!