Cincinnati Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
Integrating PHP into Drug & Alcohol Addiction Rehab
At Cedar Oaks Wellness Center, we believe in the importance of personalizing drug addiction and alcohol addiction treatments to each individual’s needs and expectations. With this in mind, it might benefit you to integrate a partial hospitalization program (PHP) into your recovery program. Of course, you do not need to rush into this decision, and you shouldn’t. Instead, please sit down with a member of our team, and we can discuss if a PHP is right for you.
Call (513) 780-5201 to get started. We’re here to help.
What is a PHP?
You might be asking, “What is a PHP, and why is it important for addiction recovery?” Partial hospitalization programs use outpatient care and specialized treatments at a rehab center to give you a good balance of recovery methods. In a typical PHP, you will be at the recovery center during the day, but you will be home in the evenings and on the weekend. This system can allow you to start your walk to sobriety without jeopardizing your obligations like work, school, and family.
Benefits of Partial Hospitalization Programs
Is a partial hospitalization program right for you? It very well might be. Many people do opt into a PHP because it has many benefits that let them stay confident throughout their recovery.
Key benefits of a PHP include:
- Coping skills: One of the main focuses of a partial hospitalization program is to give you the tools you need to cope with everything happening in your life that led to addiction and what comes after you reach sobriety. You should feel confident to handle anything that comes your way by the time your PHP ends.
- Relapse prevention: The coping skills that you develop in a PHP directly translate to relapse prevention tools and methods that you can use on your own when needed. There will always be temptations to resume an addiction, but you will always be strong enough to fight relapse. If you do relapse, you should also know it is not a failure, but just another step to get through.
- Specialized treatments: Because a PHP places you in our recovery center for hours each week, it allows you to take advantage of many of our specialized treatments. We are sure that there will be something that works for you.
- Predictable timeline: Many people benefit from the predictable timeline that a PHP can establish. You should not feel like you are stuck in a rigid plan, but it can be helpful to know that there is a clear path ahead that you can follow.
- Support therapy: On the path to recovery, there will be moments when you feel like you need someone there to help you stand up and keep walking. In PHP, you can utilize different forms of support therapy, like group therapy and family therapy, as parts of your overall recovery plan.
- Stress reduction: Perhaps the best advantage of undergoing a partial hospitalization program is that it will reduce your overall stress levels. Recovery is stressful for everyone. But it is less stressful when you have a plan in place and a good balance of professional treatments and flexibility.
How Long a Does PHP Last?
Every PHP is different from the next because everyone in addiction recovery needs unique treatments and programs to have the best chance of obtaining lasting sobriety. For some people, PHP will last one month or 30 days. But, for others, it can last up to 90 days.
Technically, there is no maximum limit for how long a partial hospitalization program can last. The deciding factor for when a PHP should end depends on when the person in recovery is ready to move on.
Discover a PHP That Works Today
You should be comfortable on your path to sobriety. A PHP might be exactly what you need to be confident in your recovery because of its unique ways of helping you. Come to Cedar Oaks Wellness Center in Cincinnati and learn all of the ways that you can lift yourself up in the face of the adversity created by addiction.
We want to hear from you. Please call (513) 780-5201 today.