Ohio Mental Health Treatments
Addressing Mental Health Disorders in Ohio
Addiction can be caused by taking a substance with an addictive nature. For example, nicotine is a chemical compound that affects the brain and nervous system to cause the user to want more when it is absent. But not all addictions begin this way. Many people struggle with addiction because of underlying mental health difficulties.
If you have a mental health difficulty that is worsening your addiction, and vice versa, then Cedar Oaks Wellness Center in Cincinnati can help you. We are excited to be able to say that we are able to treat drug addiction, alcohol addiction, and certain mental health disorders under one roof. With our specialized programs and therapies, you can gain the confidence you need to feel free of your addiction once and for all.
Please call (513) 780-5201 to take the first step toward a brighter future.
What is a Co-Occurring Disorder?
A co-occurring disorder is the medical term for when someone with a substance abuse disorder also experiences a mental health disorder or difficulty. If these two different disorders worsen or continue one another, then a dual diagnosis might be in order. A dual diagnosis acknowledges that both disorders need to be treated at the same time for either one to be treated effectively. The treatment plan created by our staff will integrate a variety of treatment options and be flexible, so it can be adjusted to any changes in your addiction or your mental health difficulty.
Mental Health Difficulties We Can Treat
Our treatment specialists have focused on some of the mental health difficulties that most commonly contribute to addiction. If you have a co-occurring disorder or received a dual diagnosis from your medical provider, then it is likely that we have the knowledge and treatment methods required to address it. All the while, you will be in a safe, comfortable, and non-judgmental environment.
Five mental health disorders we can address include:
- Depression: During the low points of depression, it might be tempting to reach for drugs or alcohol to feel “high” and forget those emotions. This cycle will fuel itself because substance abuse will only cause lower lows.
- Anxiety: People living with anxiety are often uncertain of their decisions and rarely feel comfortable in their surroundings. These pervasive feelings of paranoia can tempt someone to “level them out” by using certain substances.
- Bipolar disorder: Bipolar disorder causes the individual to experience mood swings, often uncontrolled and with unclear triggers. The moods will usually swing between manic episodes and depressive episodes, which can last for weeks or months.
- Schizophrenia: Cornerstone symptoms of schizophrenia include a disassociation with reality and a complete lack of focus. Addiction often coincides with schizophrenia because the individual is unaware of how the substance is harming their body and livelihood.
- Schizoaffective trauma personality disorder: When someone with schizophrenia also suffers from bipolar disorder, it can cause a variety of mental health difficulties like violent episodes, even faster and less predictable mood swings, and so on.
Our Mental Health Program might be for you if…
- Have experienced a new or long-standing mental illness diagnosis.
- Outpatient therapy is just not enough, you need more help to get back on track.
- Difficulties at home, work, or school have gotten worse and you’re struggling to cope.
- Behaviors are escalating or even becoming a crisis.
All staff are trained in trauma informed care which ensures the organization has clear structure and is also adaptable to the individual needs of the client. Cedar Oaks Wellness Center have knowledge and understanding that everyone has their own personal story, so we have created an environment where staff is sensitive to people from various walks of life.
Therapy services utilize evidence-based treatment models such as Seeking Safety, CBT, DBT, Solution Focused, and Motivational Interviewing.
Recovery Could Be a Call Away
Please know that you always have options when it comes to fighting addiction while also getting more control over a mental health difficulty. Cedar Oaks Wellness Center in Cincinnati has a balance of treatment options and therapies that could be just what you need to start down the path to recovery and comfort. Please let us know how we can help you today by dialing (513) 780-5201.