Cincinnati Benzo Detox Program
You’re Stronger Than Your Addiction
Are you struggling with addiction to benzodiazepines, like Xanax? You are not alone. Countless Americans are going through a similar struggle, and there are people who want to help you through it. Our team at Cedar Oaks Wellness Center in Cincinnati would like to support, guide, and take care of you with our safe and effective benzo detox program.
Detoxification is an important step in addiction recovery because it keeps you in a safe, controlled environment while your body gets rid of any trace of benzodiazepine and braces for withdrawal symptoms. We have worked diligently to create a benzo detoxification program that can meet the individual needs of everyone who comes to our doors. With detox and follow-up drug addiction treatments, you can find your path to sobriety and a healthier, happier life.
Please call (513) 780-5201 right away to discuss a benzo detox program tailored for you.
What are Benzo Withdrawal Symptoms?
Benzodiazepines are depressants that target the central nervous system to try to quell some of the worst symptoms of anxiety. They are also suitable in some cases for treating insomnia and preventing seizures. Because benzos like Xanax and Valium alter your central nervous system, though, the withdrawal symptoms can be severe and possibly dangerous if unchecked.
Withdrawal symptoms for benzos include:
- Worsened anxiety and depression
- Panic attacks
- Uncharacteristic mood swings
- Rapid pulse
- Nausea and vomiting
- Memory loss
- Irritability and anger
The risk of encountering these symptoms increases based on your prescribed dosage and how long you have been taking benzos. The introduction of other medications to your system can also worsen benzo withdrawal. Because some of the withdrawals from benzodiazepines can pose considerable health risks, it is highly advised that you use a benzo detox program like ours instead of quitting “cold turkey” on your own.
Is Benzo Detox Right for You?
Most people who want to quit an addictive substance try to do so on their own. While this can work, it can also be dangerous. Please consider how a detoxification program in a closely monitored environment with addiction recovery professionals there to support you can help. At Cedar Oaks Wellness Center, we closely evaluate everyone who comes to us to determine if detox is right for them and, if it is, what their detox program should include. No one is given a cookie-cutter, premanufactured treatment plan.
Three important phases of every benzo detox plan are:
- Stabilization: The process of gradually ridding your body of benzos is called stabilization. During this time, you will experience withdrawal symptoms of varying intensity, but our professionals will be there to watch over and care for you.
- Treatment: When your withdrawal symptoms have subsided, we can plan to enter you into treatment programs, which we will have likely outlined beforehand. Treatments and therapies can further stabilize your health and mental wellbeing.
- Relapse prevention: We will also want to discuss relapse prevention methods and treatments that help keep you away from benzos for the rest of your life. Relapses can and do happen, so there is no shame in relapsing. But we can all agree it would be better if they could be avoided entirely.
Time to Say Goodbye to Benzos the Safe Way
Our benzo detox program in Cincinnati might be what you need to finally overcome benzo addiction. We cannot help you unless you let us, though. Please feel free to reach out to us by using an online contact form or by dialing (513) 780-5201. Either way, our friendly and knowledgeable staff members look forward to being able to help you take important steps on the road to addiction recovery.